Our Pledge To Make Things Better
We, as a PlayVS family, have been processing the frustration, pain, disgust, fear, sadness, and all the powerful emotions sparked by the murders of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and many others at the hands of law enforcement officers.
Many members of our community directly experience the dehumanizing effects of systemic racism and the structural injustices it perpetuates. Recent events have finally put the world’s attention to these issues and there is no excuse for inaction. PlayVS is committed to addressing and championing change through our Company’s practices, policies, and platform. We pledge to work towards making things better each day and supporting those fighting to do the same.
We pledge to execute the following immediate actions and commitments:
- Make lump donations to Black Lives Matter and the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Institute an employee matching program that doubles an employee donation to any charitable organization meaningful to them at this time.
- Develop PlayVS Community Program to help low income schools participate in our leagues and fund computer labs where they don’t currently exist.
- Affirm company commitment to building an esports platform that provides the opportunity for connection across social, economic, and geographic barriers with a zero tolerance policy for hateful, racist, or toxic behavior.
- Build a holistic Corporate Social Responsibility Program to create more opportunities for our team to build social good.
We have ambitions of existing in a more just world and we take responsibility for doing what’s necessary to make it that way.